Click here to see the Christmas Tree Festival 2016 pictures


All Saint’s Church

Church Road
Wilstead


Vicar Reverend Stephen Toze
The Vicarage
Vicarage Lane
Wilstead
Telephone 01234 740423


 

Wilstead Methodist Church
Cotton End Road
Wilstead


Minister

Revd Lorna Valentine

Telephone 01462 813284

Mobile: 07807 146535

Email  lorna.valentine@methodist.org.uk


Times of Services

Morning service at 10:30


Other activities in the Church:

10.30 am until 12.00 on Thursdays
The Village Coffee Pot, a drop in

meeting - all welcome

Times of Services

11am on Sunday - for the family, with créche
6.30pm on Sunday


For information on other activities see the church website www.wilstead.org

Mark & Angela Knight
7 Ivy Lane
Telephone 741647
Email
wilstead.evangelical@ntlworld.com


Wilstead Evangelical Church  

If you have recently moved to Wilstead, may we introduce you to Wilstead Evangelical Church, in Cotton End Road near to Northwood Lane, perhaps known to the more mature residents as "The Mission Hall" next to the old butcher's shop. Indeed it has been established for over 100 years! And our regular Sunday services at 11 am and 6.30 pm are very well attended by people of all ages, not to mention many other meetings and activities.

To mention a few, after the school holidays children's work will fire up again with Stay'n'Play on Wednesday afternoons for Mums and toddlers while Explorers (Sunday School at 9.45 am) caters for 4 year olds and upwards. Discovery operates at the Lower School on Tuesdays at 6.30 pm for 7 - 11 year olds with an exciting programme, while the over twelve's enjoy a regular Sunday morning Bible Class in a home.

In connection with these works, exciting ' Wide games' and 'Treasure Hunts' are run occasionally on Saturday afternoons at local venues, when all the family can join in the fun. We also support a local interdenominational Christian youth work in the town, to which a lot of our young people go.

If you live anywhere in the village you should get an invite every year to our Christmas Carols in the Village Hall. There are various meetings for ladies during the day, and other events too.

We believe the Bible and present and explain its teaching unreservedly, though we trust, in a friendly manner. We trust we are known for the warm welcome given to any one who comes. Why not pay us a visit, and remember we cater for all ages in one way or another.

For further information please contact
Alan & Anne Pibworth
Tel: 405985

Wilstead Evangelical Church
141 Cotton End Road
Wilstead

Times of Services

Church Services are at 8.00am and 11.00 am every Sunday.

On the first Sunday of the month, the 11.00 service is a family service.


There is a Sunday school held on Sunday mornings at 11.00 am.

There are weddings and baptisms by arrangement.

We have a very active Mothers Union, a small music group and a group who sew kneelers. All of these are keen to recruit new members.

All Saints, Wilstead, Past and Present


14th century The Church was built

15th century Tomb – with brass cover

1518 A bell donated to the tower peal

1598 The Tompson Memorial

1707 Four bells in the Tower, the tenor bell reported as cracked

1734 The porch was repaired

1742 The tower fell down

1761 A royal coat of arms painted in church

1765 The Ten Commandments painted at the east end

1783 A bell was re-cast

1826 The small bell was re-cast and a new font basin ordered

1827  The west end was described as being very dilapidated

1846-7 Church was repaired and re-decorated

1850 The church was surveyed prior to the re-building of the new stone tower

1850 The tower was completed and dedicated on 1st November – cost £730.  Also the old vicarage was enlarged

1872-3 Chancel and porch rebuilt.  Organ chamber (now vesting area) built. Money donated by Lord Thynne and William Layton Lownes of Church Farm

1873 The Organ installed into the new chamber

1895 Wooden kneelers made

1891 New oil lamps installed

1895 The funeral cart made

1898 The clock installed for Queen Victoria’s Diamond Jubilee

1899 The east end of the church underpinned

1908 Chancel and south aisle repaired

1920 The memorial window for WWI in place

1926-7 The Coley windows installed – north side

1930 The Coley windows installed – south side

1953 New altar rails and pulpit panels fitted

1965 Repairs to church – organ moved to its present site

1975 The Chapter House built – known as The Thyne Room. Dedicated All Saints Eve

1980 St Paul’s, Littleworth cleared

1985 The Gambriel window (south side) dedicated

1990 Cox window panel (south side) installed

1992 June – church redecorated

1993 Parish Burial Ground consecrated

1994 The Church was re-carpeted.  Also purchase of green, purple and red altar frontals and vestments

2000 Nave floor renewed

2001 White altar frontal/vestments dedicated

2002 Kneeler project began

2003 Improvements to the organ